Afrivoices for Climate Change and the University of Energy and Natural Resources co-hosted the 2021 Hult Prize Regional Summit in Ghana after been selected by Hult Prize and its partners; United Nations, EF Education First, and the Hult International Business School. The summit was held from April 16th to 17th 2021, in Sunyani, at the University of Energy and Natural Resources under the theme; Food for Good: Transforming food into a vehicle for change. In attendance included; leaders of government institutions, private sectors executives, civil society, professionals and students. Activities included Startups Masterclass, pitching, Keynote speeches and networking sessions.
Mr Denis Abugri Amenga- Bono Regional Director for Ministry of Food and Agriculture as the keynote guest speaker for the event admonished the youth from Ghana and beyond to embrace the various agricultural policies introduced by the government as he envisages this would support young people to create jobs for themselves in food value chains thereby reducing food shortage.
The six finalists that advance to finals included;
- Smart Farms-University of Malawi
- ACE Food- Redeemers University, Nigeria
- JODS- Nnamdi Azikwe University, Nigeria
- MIDAS Group-Ambrose Alli University, Nigeria
- Kairos-Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia
- Watof Feeds-Adekunle Ajasin University-Nigeria
Team Kairos from Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia emerged as the Overall Winner for the 2021 Hult Prize Impact Summit-Accra and would be joining the Hult prize global accelerator a one step ahead to winning the startup capital of $1 million US Dollars.
- Dr. Kusi Boachie Yiadom(Head-Business Incubation and Innovation Center),
- Mr. Emmanuel Marfo (Cofounder & Country Director |Grassroots Hub and NEXUS Global),
- Md. Faati Bamba (Bono Regional Director National Youth Authority),
- Dr. Mark Amo Boateng (Founder
- Mr. Ebenezer Nyarko Kumi, (Lecturer-UENR)
- Dr Charles Yaw Adarkwah, (Former Dean)
- Mr. Richard BaffourOkyere(CEO Evolve Africa)
- Ing. Dr. Mark Amo-Boateng(CEO, EnyinamTech)
Our heartfelt appreciation to summit sponsors: Newmont Ghana and Yedent Agro Group of Companies.